Sunday, February 29, 2004

Out of the in-game conversation, I wanted to express here my plans for Barik's future. I've been thinking that this party doesn't really have much resilience in our front line (Barik and Alonzo have demonstrated they don't quite have either high enough AC, or high enough hit points, to really hold the line, and Grell shouldn't really be up front all the time anyway.) Well, we can hardly blame the DM for that (this isn't griping, Scott, I swear!)

So the next couple of levels, I plan to give to Barik as fighter levels. That sacrifices primarily skill points, and secondarily some reflex save and some movement/tracking enhancements, and (at 8th level) a 2nd level spell. But in return, Barik gets more hp (probably), and a feat each level. Those feats can be defensive (Dodge, then Two-Weapon Defense, so essentially +2 to AC) or offensive (Point Blank Shot and Quick Draw, say, or Great Cleave and Improved Critical, etc.) or a mix.

Characterwise, it seems like it would fit -- Barik's just been killed, and he might be more focused on surviving in combat than in climbing, tracking, etc.

This willy-nilly multiclassing is new to me, but I think I've figured this much out. Let me know what you think, and any feat suggestions you might have.

Click here to return to Fantasy - and not the X-rated kind home page

No comments: